The Swedish Armed Forces and FMV, Swedish Defence Materiel Administration, has extensive material flows. Annually over 70,000 consignments are handled which covers both domestic and international shipments and advanced special transport; all with high requirements in regards to quality standards and with specific conditions to consider. Previously there have been different solutions for the transports in different parts of the organization, including cooperation with various partners.
- Need for improved control of transport costs and delivery performance
- Demand for a comprehensive approach in cooperation with a competent partner, with ability to take lead of all issues related to the transports, on behalf of customer
- Control Tower solution managing the Armed Forces transports, both domestic and international. This includes the procurement of transports as well as the daily operation and ongoing development
- IT-solution that effectively supports booking process, track & trace and monitoring
- Structured reporting of key figures, costs and quality. Continuous and proactive improvements
- Efficient logistics processes, lower costs and improved quality
- Improved management and control