Volvo Construction Equipment
Volvo Construction Equipment (Volvo CE) manufactures machinery for the construction industry and other associated industries worldwide. Volvo CE is the world-leading manufacturer of articulated steering dumpers and wheel loaders, as well as one of the world's leading manufacturers of excavators, road construction machinery and compact machinery.
- Need for consolidation of warehousing for both domestic and foreign suppliers
- Ensure that the material is in place and enters the production process in the right quantity, with the right quality and at the right time
- Ongoing work to revise delivery terms and conditions, requiring Volvo CE’s subcontractors to have an effective warehouse/terminal network able to guarantee quality and meet requirements
- Lead Logistics Provider to Volvo CE and its subcontractors
- Logent is responsible for managing goods receipt and warehouse balances
- Offer a terminal and warehousing which provides flexible solutions with bonded warehousing permits
- Enable environmental friendly logistics where incoming deliveries of containers by rail are handled directly at the terminal
- Act as a collaboration partner able to offer differentiated material handling solutions
- A flexible warehouse handling and terminal solution situated in a geographically suitable location between the various factories
- A Logistics Centre where the customer is able to manage his own subcontractors and thereby utilise synergies in processes, transport, etc.
- Bonded warehousing solution – reduced capital binding for customer
- Improved lead times
- Volvo CE can readily add new and existing suppliers to the same arrangement without major investment – Logistics Plug & Play